Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding ENTR 1 to an RLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtSBA

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2010
US
Hello,
I need some assurance that I'm properly understanding this concept.

We have a TIE trunk between offices using 12 SIP trunk licenses. We're currently routing a third of the calls from site A to site B over this trunk, using DSC's. The other 2/3 is over PSTN incurring ld charges. I've only seen at most 5 concurrent calls on that trunk in this configuration.

I'd like to point the remainder of the DSC's over the TIE to lessen the ld charges as much as possible, but obviously have an auto failover to a different route if all 12 trunk members are busy. Is that where the RLI ENTR 1 would come into play? Would it step down automatically, and can I make this change during business hours?
I understand that I need to set the ISET option as well. Should that be a '1' or a '2'? Are the SBOC and IDBB relevant?

Thanks in advance for your help. I had the entirety of the company's phone responsibilities drop in my lap by default not knowing a thing about PBX's. I've probably spent hundreds of hours on this site alone this year :)

iset should match the number of entries yes, yes it will step down if enty 0 cannot be met, it will go to the next entry for an attempt, can be chd now....

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back