Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding drop shadows to photographs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebailey

Technical User
Mar 10, 2008
US
I simply cannot get the hang of adding a drop shadow to a photograph in Paint Shop X2. No problem with text, but can't figure it out with photos. None of the tutorials I've read nor the book I bought on Paint Shop explain how to do it. All I want to do is add a simple drop shadow to a photo. Can anyone give me a step by step tutorial. Thanks.

Drop Shadow to a photo? You mean an element inside the photo? or to the photo itself?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

To a photo itself. I can add drop shadows to an element within the photo, but not to the entire photo.

O.K.

You would need to make the canvas larger, enough to accommodate the picture plus the drop shadow.
then just select the empty space and invert the selection, and Apply a drop shadow.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back