Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding disk to CWS - problem ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandkumar4aix

Technical User
Dec 27, 2000
SG
hi
i am using model c20 m/c as a control ws for the sp nodes.
actully i am running short of disk space on the cws for creating boot images of two nodes (for n/w boot).

i am searching for some solution to get the system images of the noeds. i dont hav tape drives on my nodes.
is there any method to take the system images (mksysb)??
if yes please suggest me .

otherwise i am planning to go for additional disk in the cws. it already has two internal disks . so its not possible to hav one more disk in it.

so is it possible to hav EXTERNAL DISK IN ROOTVG. i am running aix ver 4.3.1.0 on cws.

and for attaching this disk can i bring my cws down directly without touching my nodes or is there any procedure to shutdown the cws.

please suggest me something ... i am suffrering for very long time. all suggetions are welcome.

thanks
nan

You could create the images on one of the nodes. Also, you can shut the CWS down, it wont have any effect on the nodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back