Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding data to a report through a second (and third) query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens

MIS
Aug 8, 2002
CN
I have a report that has a query as its control source. It also pulls some information from a form that it used to launch the report.

The report lists a summary of invoice details for a list of invoices that the user selects. I've been asked to have the report also include the date of the first invoice in the list and the last invoice in the list. This information is included in a separate table from most of the info I'm working with.

So what I need to do is to get a pair of text boxes that will be able to look up the dates of the invoices. Writing the query is no problem, but when I try to implement it in the report, it suddenly prompts me for a parameter (doesn't specify what). I'm not sure why it is doing this.

Is there a way to reference a second and third query from within a report, when the report is already using a query as its control source?

I tried something similar using a DLookup with no luck... but now I see a possible alternate way of implementing it.

I actually wound up just writing a small module that feeds me the info, so I resolved the issue. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back