Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding custom trigger to GP DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcgarel

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
IE
Hi,
I am trying to add a custom trigger which will be fired when a n invoice is posted. I have created it on the SOP30200 table (in SQL Server). The trigger fires fine when I hard-code an INSERT using SQL Query Analyser. However when I post an invoice from GP the trigger seems to interfere with some transaction processing and I get the following error:

The stored procedure sopTrxCreateHistory returned the following results: DBMS:-127, Dynamics:0

Has anyone successfully added a trigger to this table or has any idea how to avoid the above error?

Any help much appreciated.

To answer my own question, I was executing a method in an ActiveX dll using OLE Automation with the SQL Server sp_OAMethod procedure. The dll was executing in-process and interfering with SQL Server's memory space. I altered my dll to an ActiveX exe and invoked it out-of-process and the error disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back