Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding custom colors to the default colors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

proproductsjim

Technical User
Aug 30, 2004
US
Quark supplies default colors which can be added to on an individual project. I have a couple of colors that I constantly use in nearly every layout. Is there a way to add these colors as permanent default colors so I don't have to regenerate them each time I start a new project?

Hi proproductsjim
To add new colors in Quark, launch Quark but do not have a file open.
Go to Edit, Colors and add and name your new colors, then after you have chosen and named the colors you want hit Save and then you can quit Quark, and when you open it the colors should be there from that point on when you start a new project.

Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

...one thing to note with how quark colors work is to be aware of same name colors in one quark file to another...

...for instance, you can have the same name but a different color in certain situations...

...when you copy a native object from one file to another, quark will change the color to the target document color if it finds the same name between the two...

...this is a potential problem that has become unnoticed in my experience, and quark ought to have addressed it (as indesign does) very long time ago...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back