Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding color to a background layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodler22

Technical User
Oct 16, 2006
US
Can't figure out how to add a color to a backgound color.

I added a pattern layer and chose a burlap type pattern. It comes in gray although I'm working in CMYK. I want to change the color to blue. How do I do this?

...you can use a layer blending mode, for example multiply, luminosity...

...change the pattern layer mode, with a blue filled layer below it...

...or if a blue layer is above the pattern change the blending mode to the blue filled layer...

..another way mght be to apply a hue and saturation layer that is clipped to the pattern layer...

..another method is to have a 'color filled' adjustment layer clipped to the pattern layer...

Andrew

...sorry forgot to add...

...another method is to have a 'color filled' adjustment layer clipped to the pattern layer, then change the blending mode of the 'color filled' adjustment layer...

Andrew

A pretty simple way is to right click on the b.ground layer, duplicate it, and it will be unlocked and you can tdo whatever u want to do with it after that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back