Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding behaviors to Flash Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulEB

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
GB
I am using a frameset in Dreamweaver and I am trying to use a Flash Button to load 2 seperate URLs into 2 seperate frames. There is a section on this in the Dreamweaver Bible however the method there isn't very clear and doesn't seem to work. It essentially says to import the button into Flash, add a Get URL behavior then send it back to Dreamweaver.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could give a clear explanation of how I could do this as I have been struggling for a while now.

Paul

Don't know much about DW...
Do you have Flash?

If so, try creating your button in Flash with the following script:
Code:
on(press){
   getURL("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.yahoo.com/",[/URL] "leftframe");
   getURL("mymovie.swf", "rightframe");
}
You should replace "leftframe" & "rightframe" by the specific names you have named your frames in your frameset.

Import the button (actually a swf, I guess!) in DW, and set it in it's own frame in your frameset. Should work! But then again, as I said, I don't know much about DW.

You might get a better answer on the DW forum248.

Regards,
new.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back