Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding authentication to cdonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

derwent

Programmer
May 5, 2004
GB
I have many web forms on my website using cdonts to send 2 emails per form. The first goes to whoever at our office needs the email and the second to the user saying that we will contact them shortly.

Lately the website has been under attack of spammers, I can`t even open the badmail folder it is so large, I could open items in the queue folder and there is a load of rubbish in there using random from/to addresses. All of these spam emails are clogging up our system, today we received emails form the site fromm before christmas.

Is there a way to use authentication or something to stop the spammers using my smtp?

We host the website on a seperate server just for the website with iis and smtp turned on. Our main exchange email server is on another machine.

Thanks

I'm not sure how you could code for it, but the following link is an example of something you could use (and that I've seen on other sites to prevent the problem you are encountering). It's something you could research, anyway...

Captcha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back