Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding and Substracting Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

regava

Programmer
May 24, 2001
US
Access 2000 - I have a report that consists of 3 groups. Also, I have totals for each group. The requirement is that a grand total be produced as follows: GroupA + GroupB - GroupC. I have not been able to come with a solution. Can this be done? If so, please help.

I am assuming you have a query for each group and its totals. If that is the case, you create one more query that includes the results of each of the groups and perform your calculations in this last query.

For example, lets say you have fields from the results of each of those queries as follows: one called GroupA and one called GroupB and one called GroupC

Then you create a new query with each of the three above queries as data sources for this final query. You now create a new column in this final query called results. Now you can, in this query, in the results field; do your calculation as GroupA + GroupB - GroupC.

hneal98,
thank you for your answer. I think I understand what you are telling. I will try as soon as I can. Sorry I could not reply earlier. I will post the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back