Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding and Removing VWIC cards from MGCP Voice Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
Hello - I'm running Call Manager 10.5. I'm going to stand up an MGCP voice gateway (2901) that's been sitting around for a while. It's got a VWIC3-1MFT-T1 installed in it that I'm going to replace with a VWIC3-2MFT-T1. The VG hasn't yet been registered with Call Manager (will do that in a bit)

1) What commands would I use to gently remove the old 1MFT from service? Can't seem to find this on the internet, oddly...

2) When the new 2MFT is installed, do I need to configure the T1 card on the 2901 BEFORE I register it to Call Manager? I'm thinking no, since you configure the T1 ports in call manager anyway, MGCP will push your entries out to the T1 card.

Thanks for any help!

The cards get picked up by the router. No special commands needed for that. Any config is related to what you are then trying to do with such cards.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1
CIPTV2

Thanks. I think I've solved #1. Since I'm going to blow away the config on the router, I'll just remove the single port card on reload.

For #2, I'm getting some conflicting advice. Your indicate that the cards are picked up by the router, and no commands are needed. Just add the GW to the Call Manager and that's that. Another engineer is indicating that I need to do some initial config first before I can register with call manager:

"Besides the basic global MGCP configuration, you need your network-clock-participate and network-clock-select commands, “pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp” configured on the controller, and “isdn switch-type”/“isdn incoming-voice voice”/”isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager” configured on the Serial interface. CUCM should then be able to push any additional config to the router and register the PRI."

I'm supposing that I probably need some pre-config on the T1 card. I might just have to open a TAC to figure out how-much pre-config is required, and which can wait until registration.

Correct. I stated for the router to pick up the card no commands are needed. To get it registered with CM additional config is needed. You wont be able to add the commands without the card in the router. Since you got a card already in there chances are a lot of it is already good to go. What the other engineer stated is correct.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1
CIPTV2

OK - Thanks for clarifying. I did contact Cisco, and they gave me the T1 pre-config commands:

card type t1 0 0
network-clock-participate wic 0
network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0
isdn switch-type primary-ni
controller T1 0/0/0
pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp

Since this is a dual-port card, you have to repeat this command set for slot 0/0/1

Yup. You got it.

Also make sure you got your MGCP config in there as well.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1
CIPTV2

I got the MGCP commands to run - just was missing what T1 commands to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back