Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding and deleting Assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiteflyer

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
US
I am pretty much a novice user of Dreamweaver MX. I'm on WinXP Pro.

I can't seem to figure out how to get assets into place - I've been copying them using Explorer, but this doesn't seem to be very practical.

Then, the assets appear, but -- using a right click to delete them - the "delete this?" box appears, but when I click yes, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.....JP

I don't use them but have you tried the help? Hit F1 and type in "assets".

Thi adding and removing assets from the favorites list might be applicable.

Cheers

Peace

BT

The Help in Dreamweaver is pretty terse - it's more like a reminder of what to do - it assumes you already know how to do it - it's not really helpful for a beginner (Please note this - Dreamweaver Help writers....<grin>)

Actually, I figured it out with the help of one of my expert friends: here it is->

1. Only certain files are considered Assets (images, movies, and a few others).
2. Place an image file into the root of your Site.
3. Switch to Assets, and press the &quot;refresh&quot; button. The file will then appear.
4. To delete it, delete it from the Site, not here in Assets.
5. You can then move it into Favorites if you wish. Only Assets can be moved into Favorites.

Note: templates and html files, among others, are NOT considered to be Assets.

Thanks for your help....JP Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back