Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding analog card 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brison

Vendor
Apr 2, 2007
US
removed dlc - outed the 3903s but cannot add cardslt. sch0120. CS1000 small system with 4 slots. card is slot 2. stat shows all tns uneq.

It's been a decade for me - was pretty sure I could out the card in load 11 but I get the sch0120 when I give the out, cardmlt, 2 command. does not seem to like that tn.

Yeah - the problem seems to be with the tn format. I enter the slot number “2” but it gives the sch 0120 and the tn prompt again.

I found this out

Problem
Unable to Program Extns says 'WRONG TYPE'. ALSO HAPPENED WHEN DIGITAL CARD MOVED FROM SLOT 3 TO SECOND CABNET AND PRI TRIED IN SLOT SCH0535 OUTPUT USED FOLLOWING TO CLEAR ALL OK THEN.

Answer
When all the programming is removed from a card slot the slot is still flagged as being that card type and will show against 'LUU'
To remove the card type flag and stop the ports from showing against 'LUU' the card has to be removed from the system
LD 10 LD 11
REQ OUT REQ OUT
TYPE CARDSLT TYPE CARDMLT
TN XX YY ZZ TN XX YY ZZ

#############################

A Meridian site had 24 ports showing as voice ports on xdlc card. when printing luvu, first port was programmed as edlc which designated card as edlc card with 24 voice ports.
The solution is to out all tn's, then out card, i.e. req: out type cardmlt. then reprogramme port 0 as xdlt.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for the help, Firebird. I did see that post, too. The issue is being unable to get the system to accept the tn I am entering.

If I only enter "2" for the slot, sch0120. If I enter 2 1.....same thing. System returns the "tn" prompt after the sch code.

for clarity:

ld 11
req out
type cardmlt
tn 2
sch0120
tn 2 1
sch 0120
tn

At the TN prompt try to input 0 0 2 for the card assignment

OK - tried to lead with 0 and it throws sch0123 as soon as I hit the space after the zero. tried 1 0 2, sch0122.

It's a 4 slot rack mount cs1000 with an ssc card.

OK - I think our problem may have been that we had the analog card plugged into slot 2. Once we removed it, the stat showed slot 2 uneq with no ports listed. when we plugged it in, the light went off and we were able to start adding 500 sets.

I greatly appreciate the efforts to help and I hope this thread helps some other sad sack in the future to avoid unnecessary brain damage!!

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back