Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding an IP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

coop333

Vendor
Jan 26, 2004
US
Can someone list me the steps for adding an I2004 phone to a BCM 400 with 4.1. We do have a keycode for one IP telephony seat and have followe what steps we have to try and get it going. It comes back with server unreachable. We have turned registration on however we can't find an ip telephont tab or sub heading. Thanks

Had a similar problem when IP's were being handed out by a regular IP server. Problem was caused by not having a large enough DHCP pool. Phone said same thing. Be sure the range is large enough for another phone.

Also, be sure the BCM has an address that does not cause a conflict on the network.

did you configure the IP phone already? Server unreachable usually is the result of the IP phone cannot "see" the BCM.

on the IP phone during power on, wait for the Nortel Networks logo to appear then very quickly press the 4 buttons below the LCD from left to right. if done right, you should enter the config of the IP phone.

try assigning a static IP on the IP phone. make sure the IP phone and the BCM belong on the same subnet. enter the IP address of the BCM on the S1 and S2 address and use port 7000 then OK until the end. the phone should now be able to connect to the BCM and ask for a password and DN if you configured it that way

Thanks guys I got it working. Turns out that i had followed all the step correctly and I just had to reboot the BCM for some reason. After I did that it went to working. Go figure I guess this is still the ultimate fix for a lot of things still lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back