Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding an Email Domain to Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenriz

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2001
Hi need to add a second domain to our Exchange server. I have done it before but I must still be missing something this time. What I did was add the receiver's new email address to the "email addresses" tab on their profile in the Exchange Manager. Is there somewhere else I need to show what the new domain is? See what happens is, when we send a message to the new email address, it gets returned with a Relaying Prohibited error.

First, you need to add a MX record for the new domain to point to your mail server. Then start Exchange Admin program, expand Site container, expand Configuration container, and click on Connections container. Open Internet Mail Service. Click on Routing tab. Reroute incoming SMTP mail should be checked. Then Add the second domain and specify as Inbound. Restart Internet Mail Service service. That should do the trick.

YES that was it!!! Thanks. I I had already created an MX record so that part was all done. Appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back