Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Adobe Acrobar 9.0 as a printer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hello,

I recently bought a Mac from a friend that was loaded up with all sorts of apps. It has Mountain Lion 10.7 OS and he had Acrobat 9.0, but I noticed there is no Adobe 9.0 printer in the printers selection screen. I read a post on Adobe's website that in an earlier version of Mac OS X they made a change that doesn't allow the Adobe software to install a printer. It says you have to so a Save a PDF in Acrobat. I prefer to be able to print from other apps and have it converted to PDF that way. Is this possible now. I am new to the Mac world so I am learning the tricks on these.

Indeed; that ship has sailed and now save as PDF is available from the print dialog(ue) box. All applications that offer a printed output can thus have such in PDF format without Adobe being installed.

soi là, soi carré

My memory is fuzzy but I believe one could save to PDF from any app in OS X for the past decade with no need for a virtual PDF printer. Even free Linux distributions have had this ability. The only mainstream OS that requires the installation of a virtual PDF printer is Microsoft Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back