Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Additional SCSI Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

knappagh1

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
GB
We have 3 identical IBM X-Series 346 servers. Two are running as file serevrs and the third as the DC. I want to add an additional SCSI Drive to one of the file servers. I imagine its not as simple as just shutting the server down, installing the Drive and booting again. Is there anything i should be aware of? The server is running Windows Server 2003 and has a Raid 5 configutation.

Also, when looking at the servers and the space avilable on each, i have noticed that the DC has 190Gb available on its "d drive", while the other two servers have only 122Gb available. All 3 servers are identical so should have the same size HDD's. Is this a configuration issue and if so, what can i do about it?

Regards,
Paddy

You would need to have servraid manager installed in the OS then just start servraid manager, insert the drive, under Actions do a scan for new drives, it should find the new drive then right click on your Array you want to add the new drive to and select logical drive migration. You want to increase logical drive size. Once that is done, reboot and go to disk management and you should see the new space, you would then extent the partition so it includes that new space.

As far as the other issue you would need to look at your drive configuration to see if they are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back