Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Additional Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffandamar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
US
I would like to add a couple more incoming phone lines to my system but unfortunately the system was put in before I started here so I have no idea what we really have.

I took a look in the phone closet and we have the following Norstar components:
(1)M8X24 unit with (1)NT5B26 and (1)NT5B24DC
(1)M12X0 unit with (2)NT5B40GA
(1)M0X16 unit

...so my question is how many lines and sets does that allow me to have? I'm guessing that it is 20X40 but I'd love some of your expert help :)

Also does anyone know how hard it is to add new lines to this system? I can add sets/ext. but have never added incoming lines before.

You are correct 20 analog lines X 40 sets
Line programming is not hard...what are you doing? How many? Line number? ring and appear, etc.
aa answering?, etc.

Thtek
[ponytails2]

Thanks for the quick response. That works out perfectly since I won't need to buy any equipment to expand.

I'm looking to get two more numbers from the phone company to add to our rollover...actually its a little more complicated.

Three companies all in the same office with one recptionist.
Each with its own 1-800 number:
Company 1's 1-800 rings on the recptionists line 1-5
Company 2's on lines 6-10
I want company 3 (new company) to ring on lines 11 and 12

....currently company 1 and 2 are set up fine but 3 is new. I need to get two new lines from the phone company?
I include them in the rollover for the third company's lines (which haven't been set up either)?
I then add them to the recptionist's phone as buttons?

All and all it looks complicated but I guees thats just due to my lack of knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back