Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Adaptations using XML import

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjets55

Systems Engineer
Sep 13, 2021
US
thread690-1793349
So I'm confused by the Avaya documentation, afraid I may mess up the whole adaptation list. I've exported my entire adaptation List/file, its over 100K lines long in notepad++. I used one of the 22 adaptations listed to create the map in excel and used one of the online editors to verify how the map was built. There are 50 new numbers to add in. The exported list from the system mgr shows 22 listed adaptations from the gui. I found the adaptation I want to add the 50 to in the exported xml list. There are around 5000 lines for that one adaptation. How do I populate the new entries? Do I just add the 50 to the one adaptation of 5000 lines and add that 5000 line adaptation back in using the import or import just the 50 using the adaptation name they goto? Or, do I have to import the entire list (100k lines) back in?
Thank you guys, I appreciate any help I can get on this.
Sorry this is so lengthy... trying to drill down for understanding.

you can just add the new entries, so export the adaptation you want to add to, remove all the existing entries, add the new ones in the the correct format and import

you should spin up a lab SMGR to test. If you are appending to an existing adaption you should import your old config and your new config in one file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back