Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Accounts to Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahLott

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
GB
I am having trouble I am used to Outlook Express but am trying to configure Outlook for my brother. When I go to the tools menu I expected to see accounts but found services so went to add and added an internet mail account but it will only receive not send " No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient." is the error message when I try and send.

Any ideas

Thank you in advance.

You'll see "Accounts" if Outlook is configured in Internet Only Mode, and "Services" if it's configured in Corporate or Workgroup mode. The "no transport" error simply means you don't have your SMTP server configured correctly. Check to see if you've spelled it correctly on the Servers tab, and also check if the server requires authentification or not. If it requires authentification, check the box at the bottom of the servers tab, then click to configure the username/password required by the SMTP server (a lot of times you can check to use the same as the incoming and all will work).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back