Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Watermark

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapelifestyle

Technical User
Feb 27, 2008
CA
Hello, how do I add a text watermark to an image?

I have uploaded an example.

Thank you.

Depending on the version of PSP you have you can use the Watermarking tool from the Image menu.

Or you can simply add a new layer to your image, add the text you wish to watermark to the new layer, and then lower the transparency setting on the layer until your happy with the water mark. Then just save your image.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

I have tried using the Visible Watermark option but I cant seem to get it work.

I dont know how to create the "Watermark Source" text that I have to add to the image.

Whenever I do it, everything works fine but there's a black outline on all the letters.

Please tell me how to properly make the Watermark Source text so that I can achieve the effect in the example.

Oh and I have Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2.

Thanks a lot.

Create a new image, and place your watermark text in it using the text tool, and save it.

Open the image you wish to watermark, and using the tool browse to where you saved the text image and select it.

You can modify your text image and add shadows or the blurry outline from your example.

Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

I have already done that but it doesn't create the effect I showed in the example.

Whenever I do add the new image, there's a square transparent background.

The effect that I want is just transparent text added to the image like the one in the example.

In the example I gave, the text doesnt have any outline but is just completely trasparent.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Make sure, the background for your text is actually transparent.

When you create the new image just tick the Transparent Background radio box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back