Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a VM button on IQMX turret

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumUser01

Technical User
Oct 16, 2009
US
Hi All,

Inherited a IQMX turret system to manage but not the training part..;-). How to add a 'VM' button to Turret? I tried via Menu--> Sfky--> Add : do not see any VM button ( dumbthing I did was.. there was VM button, I removed it for testing from Menu--> Sfky--> Undo).

Also, can anyone share some admin doc on the same please?

TIA
MS

All,

VM butn was on diff page (after UNDO) and moved it back to Ssky area. Currently it is pointing to some internal extenstion VM (2222P2070 :2222 : VM dial and 2070 extension). How do I forward it to someother extension ex: 2222P2060.

TIA
MS

OK from what I see above, this looks like a speed dial used to access a voicemail system. Basically the user pushes the button labeled VM and it takes them to their voicemail box without them having to enter the digits.

2222 is your voicemail system extension and 2070 is the users extension.

That said, this may have a simple answer or a complex answer.

The simple answer is select;

MENU > SPDL > EDIT > Select the button to edit > To edit the button use the "back" button provided on the display then use the number pad to enter the new extension (2060). > SAVE > QUIT

Its difficult to describe the complex answer as its based on how your system is set up, but involves making chages to the DDI tables on your system center.

If you PM me, I pass along contact info and can walk you thru the process.

I thought this cannot be done on the IQ max turret menu, we do our voice mail button in Sysview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back