Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a USB Fax Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB6977

Technical User
Jan 20, 2011
US
Presently have an old laptop running software for the Spectralink 3000 system and trying to move it over to XP. The computer I have is an HP dc7900 Ultra-Slim. Software is on the XP box, both for the USP and Spectralink but when I try to use the Spectralink software to dial out it does not see the fax modem. However I know the fax modem works because I dialed out using putty. I have changed the COM1 ports within the computer and the Spectralink software and nothing. Polycom/Spectralink states it is an IS/IT issue. Any ideas?

What built in COM ports did you have on the old laptop (COM1, COM2, etc), and what did the USB fax device show up as?

Does the fax device show up in XP's Device Manager, and if so has it got an address and IRQ?

If you say you have had it running with Putty, then you should presumably be able to see what COM port it's using.

Maybe some driver software is needed for it to work with the fax programme...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back