Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADDING A SOUNDSTATION2, ANALOG OR DIGITAL ON A CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYQUEST

Technical User
Oct 20, 2002
US
A client has a CICS 7.1 Norstar™, and wants to add a Polycom Soundstation2 for their new conference room with a large and long table. Any good or bad points, or experiences as to whether it is analog or digital?

Thanks in advance!
....JIM....

Sorry about that, I see they split the forum!!

....JIM....

I just put a Soundstation2W in for one of my customers. It works like a champ- great range and clarity with no extra mics. Just hook up an ATA and youre good to go.

They do make SoundStation2's for Nortel systems - eliminates the need for an ATA... I believe it shows up as a 7100 on your Norstar.

The sound quality on these things is awesome. Just don't park it next to a projector or other noisy device as the fan will drown out the person speaking.

SoundStations with a Polycom sticker on the bottom connect to an ATA or analog line. Soundstations with a Nortel sticker on the bottom connect to a digital station port. At least the ones I've installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back