Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimiSue

Programmer
May 24, 1999
US
While I know sql, I haven't worked with Oracle in about 11 years. All I need to do is add a printer to the current setup. Any ideas of how to do this through the sql? Thanks!

I've never seen where you add the printer through SQL or Oracle. I thought you added the printer through the operating system (Unix, NT, etc). What operating system are you using? Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com
While I don't mind e-mail messages, please post all questions in these forums for the benefit of all members.

We're using a custom program that utilizes Oracle. The program doesn't look at the printers installed through NT, so they must be inserted directly, using the sql plus part of Oracle. Glad I'm not the only one that's never heard of this!

Is there possibly a table in the database that the hardware is assigned in? Maybe it is given a name and an IP address?

<<Scratching head and wondering what sort of custom program this is...>> Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com
While I don't mind e-mail messages, please post all questions in these forums for the benefit of all members.

This sounds like something that's actually done via your custom program - if you're supposed to do it via SQL, then there's most likely one or more tables added by the custom program and that's where you'll need to go for your answer. This is not (to my knowledge) any function of Oracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back