Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Painter to the registry from code. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafer11

Programmer
May 9, 2008
US
Hey,

I have something on my mind that I'd like to do.

In our application, you hold down a sequence of 4 keys and right-click on the window, and a window will pop up with a ton of information. Data values, columns on the window, names, the window name, where the window is located, what pbl, etc etc

What I'd like to do is add a button to this window called 'add window to workspace'.

By that I mean, let's say you ran the application and you open a window in the app called 'Open User Window'. If you hold down a sequence of buttons and right click, a window pops up with a bunch of information, some of which says your window is called "w_open_user" and is located in a library pbl called "app_w25".

If you were to press the button to add this window to your workspace... when you close the application and it returns to PB... this window object would automatically open up for you in your development environment.

Does anyone see this being possible?

I was thinking of adding an entry to the registry of currently open painters ( HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/12.0/Workspace/<workspace name>/Painters ). However, this wouldn't work as this is only written and read upon the closing and opening of the powerbuilder workspace.

Anyone have any ideas of how this could be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back