Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a new outside line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCPuma

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
US
We have a small Panasonic telephone system, inhouse. The cover is labelled Panasonic KSU VB-42050 for Model 824.

Inside the box are two jacks one labelled C01 and C02, the other labelled C03 and C04. For some time, there have been 3 lines incoming from the telco, using C01,C02,C03.

Recently, we got a fourth incoming line. It is live all the way into the phone system (C04), but doesn't show up as an active line through the system to the stations.

I've looked for dip switches on the boards and only find one group, one switch-set per incoming line. They're all set the same already; I was hoping C04 would be set differently indicating 'not in use' or something.

How do we enable this line so that it's treated as an active line within the system and through to the stations as Line 4? Is it a hardware function or software?

If software, am I looking for a reference guide for something called "VB-42050" or for a Model 824?

Thanks in advance for your guidance of the clueless.[smile]

You have a DBS 824. You need a programming manual for it, or for an authorized Panasonic dealer to program it for you.

Panasonic allows you to tell the system how many lines are connected to the system. That way when someone using an analog phone (single line) dials 9 to get an outside line they will not hit an unused port. You will need to have the programming done to activate line 4. Sorry, I do not have a manual for the DBS series, but good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back