Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding a new drive to a sparc20

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelo23

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
Hello,

I'm trying to add an additional drive to an old sparc20 server that we have here up and running solaris 7.... I attached it to the controler card on the top row of the back of the sparc20...I didn't want to include it in the daisy chain of other drives... For some reason when I boot up I can not see the drive under the "FORMAT" command.... When I do a "probe-scsi-all" command in the open boot mode the additonal drive shows up... Also if I do a boot from cdrom and open a console window and from the command line issue the FORMAT command that additonal drive IS displayed.... But I can't figure out why it does not show up in the normal operating system environment after I boot up normally.... Can someone please help me....

Thanks

Have you done a reconfiguration boot, ran the devconfig command, or ran the disks command? Have you added them to your sd.conf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back