Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a new Area code in Option 61C..Local numbers splitting into 2 area codes and 10 digit dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitaDrink

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2006
US
thread798-728665
Indiana is adding a new area code to the 812 area code as like everyone else we're running out of numbers. So a business accross the street from us could be a different area code, and 10 digit dialing will be required. I know how to add the area code, in fact it's already there I just need to change the RLI so it goes to the local PRI. However, when I print out my existing 812 area code, the local prefixes are set as Deny. Is that so you don't have to dial the 1, or so you don't have to dial the 10 digit number? That being said, is there a way around dialing the 10 digit number in this case, or will that just be a training issue? When I tested it just now using my local cell number of 812.350.xxxx it would not complete the call. So I assume I need to program something to tell it to let me dial the number without putting in a 1? Any help appreciated.

This is how we do it here since we have 10 digit local calling in 2 area codes

We build 913 and 816 as SPN's

And then build 1913 and 1816 as NPA's

OK, I did that, and made sure the new area code 930 is in the same RLI. I still can't dial 812 however as a 10 digit number.

Don't know your programming but setting the 812 with DENY will Deny everything but what is listed. I would out 812 and rebuild it without any Allow or DENY and it should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back