Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding A image to a CE Image or Picture control

Status
Not open for further replies.

rann

Programmer
Sep 13, 2001
US
Hi,
I was trying to add a gif file to a form in eVB form.
I tried using both Image and Picture control.
I gave the whole path as "/windows/pie.gif" but nothing
shows up on the form. Do i need to regester any dll's
before using these controls in Windows CE or is there a
particular procedure to do this.I was using the path in
my Windows CE and not windows 2000.

Any help or links would be helpfull.

Thanks in Advance.
Rann

Hi Rann,

As i understand it you can only display .bmp files saved at 256 true colour on the CE device. This was the only format that would work for me

Hope this helps
Jackie

I will back up Jackie on this one, we have had difficulties getting pictures to display for a graphing program, but found 256 bmp files to work consistently (ie, they worked and the others ideas didn't :p )
-Tarwn ------------ My Little Dictionary ---------
Reverse Engineering - The expensive solution to not paying for proper documentation

I had this same problem, I found the answer in some page, but it was just a line not very noticeable.

Win CE 3.0 does not support bmp of 24 bits,
Workaround: use 16 bits bmp

Another format that can be used is .2bp, you can convert the type with the Activesync, how ever, if you convert from 24 bit bmp to 2bp, has the same problem, you will never see your picture.

Good luck.

I'm having a similar problem.

More specifically, after adding a picture box, the properties for the picture does not have the selection button (the three dots). Same problem with the image control. How do I get a picture on onto the form?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back