Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a fourth line to a Partner 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrobe

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2004
US
I have to introduce a fourth line to a Partner phone system. I set this system up 10 years ago, and finding my notes is near impossible.

I don't think they are using an Auto Attendant at least not normally during business hours, as someone always answers when I call. It seems that all phones ring, and things are answered by whomever is available. So phone calls ring at all extensions. If they do use a AA, it would only be during overnight, which I can't imagine the fourth line would ever come into play. But if their is a option I should double-check let me know.

They have 34D, 18D, MLS-12, and a 6 as well.

I believe I have to do #301, and assign the line to all extensions, which should add the fourth line in a row on all phones, with likely exception of the 6 (which is just a kitchen phone and I am not too concerned about).

Anything else I should be concerned with?

You will do #301-(Extension Number)-(04 for line 4)-1 to assign to the next available button for each extension number

Check #206-7 for lines 1 through 3 and duplicate it on line 4
Check #208 for lines 1 through 3 and duplicate it on line 4
Check #506-7-(1 and 2 if it is an ACS) for Lines 1 through 3 and duplicate it on line 4
Check #507 for lines 1 through 3 and duplicate it on Line 4
Use Centralized Telephone Programming to check each extension for Immediate/Delayed/No ring on lines 1 through 3 and duplicate it on Line 4

Thanks T3, that helped immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back