Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADDING A DRIVE TO AN RS6000 7026-H80 SCSI RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnelson24

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2002
US
I would like some info. on adding 2 new 36.4GB drives into my 2104-DL1(FC2494-Type4T is the controller card) in a 7026-H80 running AIX 4.3.3 I have them installed right now as 2 spares....I need to get them added as hdisk6, the pair will be running RAID1? I have 4 sets of drives already in the 2104, hdisk2,hdisk3,hdisk4, and hdisk5) the new hdisk6 will just be an extension of a volume group that resides on hdisk5? This is where I am at currently.........smit, Devices, Disk Array, IBM PCI SCSI Disk Array, PCI SCSI Disk Array Manager, Create a PCI SCSI Disk Array, then select scraid0, then select RAID1, I do see the added drives as:
00 SPARE on Channel 0 ID 0 -34715Meg
01 SPARE on Channel 0 ID 1 - 34715Meg
should I just F7 to select both then enter.....can the system be up and running to continue past this point???? Once I get both added as an Array(hdisk6) do I need to rerun the controller card configuration for it to see the and add the new hdisk6??? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
David

Thanks,
David

have you settle this one already.... just saw your post quite long time.. hehe.. hope you settled this one...

Nope not solved and going to have to try and attempt this very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back