Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Date/Time Picker

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylabear

Programmer
Oct 23, 2002
CA
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me how I add or better yet where I find the DT (Date Time) Picker. I would like to add one to my application but I am unable to find it.

Thanks.

Goto Projects>Components.
Select Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP4) (or something like this) from the list.

In general you can look up the control in VBHelp, and it usually gives you the source.
The last paragraph of VBHelp for DateTimePicker control says:
<The DateTimePicker control is part of a group of ActiveX controls that are found in the MSCOMCT2.OCX file. To use the DateTimePicker control in your application, you must add the MSCOMCT2.OCX file to the project. When distributing your application, install the MSCOMCT2.OCX file in the user's Microsoft Windows System or System32 directory. For more information on how to add an ActiveX control to a project, see &quot;Adding Controls to a Project&quot; in the Programmer's Guide.>

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Hi johnwm thank you for your response,

However when I attempt to add the MSCOMCT2.OCX file to the project I get the following error:

&quot;MSCOMCT2.OCX could not be loaded&quot;

Furthermore I don't have any VB Help files installed on my machine, so your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I would suggest re-installing VB and/or upgrading to SP5.

Also, install MSDN. You do not have to install the MSDN CD with all the help files, so it shouldn't require that musch space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back