Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a container in global address book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharx

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2003
AU
Hi,
I know how to add a container so that it can be viewed in the global address book, but how do I make it so that users must scroll down to the container to see the people inside it?

What happens currently is that I will add a custom recipient to the container, and they can see the recipient within the container, but the recipient also shows up in the root of the global address list. I want users to HAVE to scroll down to the container to see that recipient.

Thanks

Not sure if this is what you are asking for but, when you setup the mailbox, somewhere in the properties (I think one of the last tabs), specify that you want to view the global address list first (It his in the same place where you specify where to send the email first). This way the users sees the global list and will be forced to scroll down.

Or you would setup to view that particularly container first.

Hope this helps.

Your talking about Address Book Views aren't you? To do what you want: get the properties page of 'Internal Addresses', go to the 'Advanced' tab and uncheck the 'Promote entries to parent containers.'

hth

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back