Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a commad button in FlexGrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

YL99

Programmer
Dec 23, 2002
GB
Hello,
Can someone help me with flexgrid please.

I want to display a button in each row of a selected colum.

Does anybody know how do this.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Got the same problem with combobox... the only solution I found was to use a real combobox, set its visible property to False and when the user clicks on a cell, position the combo (by determining the position of the cell) and set it visible property to true.
Now, if you want it in each cell and if you can add or delete rows, you would have to create buttons dynamically when you select the column (with rowcount)...

Two ways that I can think of.

1. Set the .cellpicture property to an image that looks like a button amd then use the click event to run your code. Use the .Row and .Column properties to determine the correct cell.

2. Place a floating button control over the cell that has focus. See faq222-3262 or search for floating controls.

If you want the entire column to show buttons then the first sol;ution would bre my choice. Fewer problems when you scroll the grid.

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back