Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a channel bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

garwain

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
CA
I have a partner ACS R7.0 91E, and we need to add serveral extensions to a new area of the office. Is it possible to install a channel bank on this system? I have been looking at some of the Rhino 24 FXS banks with T1 interface because eventually, we are likely to move to an asterisk setup.

Any information I can find seems to indicate that the T1 module is for connecting to a T1 supplied by the telco, but never anything mentioned about connecting to a channel bank.

Any information regarding Partner ACS systems and channel banks would be appreciated.

Would you be using the channelbank to try to establish OPX lines between the 2 locations?

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

no, the partner system is fed by 6 analog POTS lines, and we want to add in more internal extentions using a 24 FXS channel bank.

No on the channel bank, and what is your present configuration?

No, the DS1 option on the Partner is for CO connections only and is very limited at that!!!

How big is your office?

What about running a 50 pair cable instead?

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back