Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a cabinet - for dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

munozj

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2010
US
I'll be the first to admit that i'm a noob when it comes to Nortel. I don't even really know what the proper name for the equipment we've inherited so I've attached photos to better relay what i'm trying to do.
In our current building we have two cabinets connected with an SCP card in cab1 and a fiber receiver in cab 2. I have a few outlying buildings that all have copper back to my telco room here. We recently acquired some more buildings on the property. I don't have any copper going over there but i do have fiber that connects my telco room with theirs.

Is it possible to add another a 3rd cabinet over there using our existing fiber. I have enough spare parts to assemble a new chasis, ps, fiber receiver, along with digital and analog line cards.

The fiber TX card in cab 1 looks like it has a 4 port indicator with the 1st used by cab 2. I haven't peeked at the actual ports on there but is it really as simple as just attaching another fiber to a 2nd port on that card?

I'd have to convert the existing fiber connections on the NTBK78AA cable to ST connectors.

You need to check the daughter boards on the main cabinet - the come in single and dual cards. Even though the CPU card has 4 lights - the fiber card has a plug in cable to the LED's. They may or may not be present.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

You can add another single port fiber daughter board but it throws off the loops numbering, the main cabinet is slot 1-10 and the second cabinet should be 11-20 and the third will be 31-40 but it works

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back