Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a brand new port network to an S8710

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33tlucid

Technical User
Jul 9, 2009
US
Hello Teks!

I am in the process of trying to add a 4th port network to our S8710. I have a TN570D in carrier 03A11 with a 300A module connected to it going to another building over singlemode. I then have another TN570D/300A in the new carrier(we'll call it 04A13) in the other building. At this point, being very new at building port networks, I'm lost on what needs to happen or what pieces I need to extend the telephone network to our other building. I have an IPSI/CLAN/MEDPRO in 03A cabinet, and an IPSI in 04A cabinet. What cards will I need in order to get this port network 4 online? What will I need to program in the switch in order for it to see the distant carriers? Will I need to program the IPSI? Will I need the IPSI at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this is an easy question for most of you on here. :D

Thank you again.

Your new port network will need at minimum, an IPSI and a medpro. I'd recommend dual IPSI, otherwise you have a very bad single point of failure.

Step 1: Add the port network/configure the "cabinet". "Change cab 5"
Step 2: Add the IPSIs
Part A: Program the IPSI boards directly, there is documetnation all over for this
Part B: Add the IPSI boards to your XLNs, "add ipserver-inter 5" and enter in the information
Step 3: Check if it came online "list ips" and make sure you see both IPSI boards (or at least the one you have) is "IN".

If this locations needs survivability, you will also need an ESS for that PN.

You also need to configure and install the medpro board so that an audio path exists between your other PNs and this PN.

It's not a terribly difficult process, but lots of things are at play. If you haven't engaged a Partner (or Avaya), I would. You also need to ensure that QoS is configured for both the control and bearer messages on the network.

You might find documentation on adding port networks over fiber using EI boards. DO NOT DO THIS. It isn't even supported on CM6.x, so you'll have headaches later if you can someone source the equipment together and do it with the fiber then perform an upgrade to newer versions of CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back