Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a BCM50 to existing enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingj626

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2008
US
I'm trying to add a used BCM50 to an existing enterprise that already has a BCM400 and 4 BCM50's. We are adding a new location so I'm trying to add the used BCM50 with 7 IP phones.

I have already purchased and installed the needed keycodes and I'm able to add the phones to the system.

I've gone page by page trying to configure the used BCM to match the way our existing BCM50 were set up. I have configured the routes in the RESOURCES section but I still can't dial the 4 digit extension I have assigned to the phone set. I get INVALID NUMBER when dialing.

I have added the USED BCM IP address to the routes of the other BCM's and get the same results.

I feel like I'm missing something stupid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the keys for IP trunking/MCND?
Open the BCM monitor/line monitor and see what's happening.

Thanks for the fast response.

I have the IP Gateway keycode but not the MCND. What does the MCND keycode allow?

Networking between the Nortel equipment and CLID. I don't think you need it but you wont get the names,CLID just extension numbers.

It allows for Centralized Voice Mail between the sites.

Example
If site A is where all calls come in and you want to allow calls from site A's Auto Attendant to transfer to site B's system then you need MCDN.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back