Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a BCM 50 to existing networked BCM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingj626

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2008
US
Good evening all,

I have been a long time lurker and have gotten some great tips, but this is the first time I have posted for help.

I just purchased a USED BCM 50 with all the necessary keycodes to work in my existing network of (1) BCM 400 and (4) BCM 50's. All of the existing BCM's allow VoIP phone calls to and from each other.

I have set up the new to me BCM 50 in a new location and have two phone set configured on it. I have entered all the Destination digits and IP addresses into Telephony Resources > IP Trunks and the ROUTES into Dialing Plan > Routing tables along with the destinations codes.

Here is my problem: I can dial the 4 digit extension out from my new to me BCM 50 to the existing BCM's, but when I dial from one of the existing BCM's into the new to me BCM all I get is a fast busy signal.

Any ideas what I missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try adding a target line on each of the sets of the new BCM with the Private received # to be the extension number. That will be required to get the network routing working.

Set it as Appearance type: ring only so it doesn't use up a button on the phone.
The Pub Received # can be left blank unless you want to use it for DID purposes.

Thanks QueBall,

I think that did it but since I'm working remotely and don't have VM or anything else set up to be sure, I won't know until the morning.

I can say without a doubt I didn't get a fast busy. :)

Yes. Target lines.

A good (if not best) example of the logic mess that years of Norstar legacy had brought to the BCM platform.

Queball,

That worked. Now to just figure out why VM isn't picking up.

Forward no answer needs to be the VM DN in the sets you want to go to VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back