Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a 408 GLM-U card to Legend system

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentEaston

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2003
US
I am getting ready to add another 408 card to my Legend system, but before I did I wanted to see if there might be any issues in doing this.

Basically, we use a 2-digit dialing plan in our office. Extension 10 thru 57 are actual extensions (MLX), and 58 thru 65 are voicemail ports.

If I added another 408 card to the system, would that cause any problems with our extension numbering or any issues with our Voicemail System afterward? Will I need to move any cards in the system to make this work?

Thank you in advance for the help.

If none ot the extensions have been renumbered so far, and you are adding it as the LAST card in the system, you should be fine. If you are swapping it out with another card such as an 012, or an ATL card, it is not as easy as just swapping.

Your extension numbering would go from 2 digit to 3 digit after extension 66, 671, 672, 673..or 4 digit..6700, 6701, 6702 so on and so forth. My advise...if they are going to expand...go to 3 digit. If there are so content on keeping their own extension....do so with a one in front of it.

Thank you for all of your help so far with this.

I want to just clarify a bit now. So, Jinxs, you were saying that my dialing plan will change to a 3-digit plan?

When I look in the WinSPM program, and print the system inventory... on the detail of my last card (which is the VoiceMail Card), it lists extensions 58 thru 66, and then extensions 67000, 6701, and 6702. So, if I add another 8 extensions to the system in the slot right next to my VoiceMail card, my new extensions will now be numbered 6703 thru 6710? And, my other extension numbers (10 thru 66) will stay the same unless I change my dialing plan to a 3-digit plan?

If I choose to do that, is it pretty easy to do? I know people don't want to loose their extension numbers, but if changed to three digits, then I could have a leading digit and then their old extension number. So, for example, if my extension was 12, it would then become 612?

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back