Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a 2nd Line to a Cisco 7640 IP Phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankyway

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
CL
I am running CCM 4.1 and have been tasked with adding a second line to an existing device.
I have checked up on the Cisco Documentation and where it states I go into device >phone select device and then,

"In the Directory Numbers list, click an unassigned line, such as Line 1 or Line 2.

The Directory Number Configuration window displays.

Tip : If you need more than two lines, you can increase the lines by modifying the phone button template for the phone type (such as Cisco IP Phone model 7960). Some phone types, however, only support one or two lines (such as Cisco IP Phone model 7902)."

My problem is I do not get an option of unassigned line such as Line 2, I have tried adding a new device, but I cannot find an option for the second line.

What am I missing? or doing wrong here,

any help would be very welcome

Thanks

you will need to make a new phone template. easiest to do is copy the current one and from the drop down choose line.

Hope this helps.

It's quite easy when you know how isn't it? :)

Thank you very much for your help "iwontremember" I really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back