Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding 400EC to existing 5-slot carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

layer8lvcom

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2012
US
Existing system consists of 5-slot carrier with the following from left to right:

t1 module (not being used)
012ec
ACS 509 R7
012ec
Partner Messaging w/ 4-port card

VM extensions are currently 43-46

Need to add 4 more CO lines so I removed the T1 module, shifted the 012ECs to the left and installed the 400EC. New config from left to right:

012ec
012ec
ACS 509 R7
400EC
Partner Messaging w/ 4-port card

AA not working properly. Half a ring and "your call is being transferred". I didn't think my VM extensions would change by adding the 400EC but I'm finding some conflicting info on the forums. Does the 400EC take up 6 extension numbers, requiring me to change my VM extensions to 49-53? Didn't have time to try it as my client needed AA back up and running so I had to replace modules back to original config.

Note that the communications system recognizes the voice messaging
system module as a 6-extension module. In other words, the voice
messaging system module resembles a 200, 206, or 400 module to the
communications system, even though the voice messaging system itself
does not have any physical line jacks.
This is from the manual, stating that 200 and 400 modules take up 6 extensions.

Either swap the Messaging and the 400, or change the ports to 40-52

Thanks everybody. That did the trick. Put the 400EC back in and set VM ports to 49-52. All is working well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back