Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding 24 port switch to stack with 2vlans

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecotek1

Vendor
Nov 13, 2007
US
The core stack has 2 vlans built one for voice and the other for data all works well on the core. what needs to be programmed on the 24 port? We have one Cat5e connection between the core and the 24 port.
on the stack/core i have the port assigned to the 24 port switch in the data vlan untagged as do i have the port going back to the core on the 24 port switch in the data vlan untagged.

I know i need enable dhcp/bootp relay but should that be mapped to the same address as it is on the core switch. Do i need to create any static routes?

here's a snap of of the 24 port switch..

configure vlan default delete ports all
configure vr VR-Default delete ports 1-24
configure vr VR-Default add ports 1-24
configure vlan default delete ports 1-24
create qosprofile "QP6"
create vlan "datavlan1"
configure vlan datavlan1 tag 101
create vlan "voice1"
configure vlan voice1 tag 100
configure vlan datavlan1 add ports 1-24 untagged
configure vlan voice1 add ports 1-23 tagged
configure vlan datavlan1 ipaddress 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.0
enable ipforwarding vlan datavlan1
configure vlan voice1 ipaddress 10.10.11.2 255.255.255.0
enable ipforwarding vlan voice1

Looks like you just need to add the data vlan as a tagged vlan on port 24 so it's a trunk port. You can create a default route to the core if you have at least one IP address assigned on the other switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back