Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding 1 more processor, VRM (PPM) for DL360 G1 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown001

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2005
US
I posted this in the HP threads, but maybe I posted in wrong spot..because when the generation 1 came out, it was made by Compaq.

I want to install the additional processor for my DL360 G1 server. The Processor Upgrade Service Overview document from HP mentioned VRM,

When I looked up the kit, the VRM it's not included. I look everywhere on the motherboard and can't find a spot for it ither. DOES THIS SERVER REQUIRE A VRM WHEN ADDING 1 MORE PROCESSOR?

Where the guys at HP drunk when they wrote this document. Seem like you cant find anything on the HP site. If you get lucky and find what you're looking for, then the writing is unclear. Thank God there are sites and blogs like these..Thank all you posters.

I have a few G1's in the shop---I will check them and check OARS tomorrow morning.

Burt

Double post, please see comments in the HP forum

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

What kind of processor are you looking to put in, and what kind do you have in now? The 1.26GHz and 1.13 GHz processors use a different motherboard than the 1.0GHz and below---you sure you have the right MoBo???

Burt

Ha, Ebay processor.. 1.266Ghz.. I have DL360 1.266Ghz..it worked rite away.. so to answer my question..and thanks to "TheLad" the DL360 generation 1 does not require a VRM (PPM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back