Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding 024 cards to an existing system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manersj

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
US
i have a two cabinet magix system that has the following
POWER SUPPLY IS A 491E1
slot 0 processor CKE5
slot 1 412 LS-TDL
slot 2 412 LS-TDL
slot 3 024 TDL
slot 4 016 TRR
slot 5 100D/CSU/DSU-U

CARRIER 2
POWER SUPPLY IS A 491D1
slot 6 Merlin Msg
slot 7 024 TDL
slot 8 412 LS-TDL
slot 9 412 LS-TDL

can i add one or two 024 TDL cards without overloading the the power supply on the second cabinet. thanks alot guys for your input.

You would be "pushing" the limits (actually slightly exceeding the 96 load factor) on carrier two. I would put one of the extra 024 cards in carrier one - and shift the 100 DCD to carrier two (it has a 0 unit load).

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

whats the easiest way to move the 100dcd card if its not in use would it be better to delete the programming for the card then remove it and reboot the system. thanks again.

The only thing you really need to change - programming-wise is the slot number. I would move it to slot 10 and replace it with an 025 TDL.

This will affect ALL of your extention numbering - starting with that board, the messaging ports, the next 024, the two 412's and the extra new 024.

If you are only adding one 024 TDL to the 2nd carrier - and NOT two - then you are OK as you are. It would be adding the 2nd 024 that would take you over the load limit - in carrier two.

So - if you can get away with only adding one 024 - stick in the next available slot on the 2nd carrier - and that's it - just renumber the extentions to what fits your dial plan.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Remember, the 100DCD takes up 24 trunk/line port assignments. So removing it and moving it to another slot WILL change your existing trunk/line port assignments by 24 ports. It would be a good idea to get the Magix Planning Guide and read it. You can download it from support.avaya.com along with all the other Legend/Magix documents.

This way you can analyze port changes and power supply loads, etc. to minimize reprogramming.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back