Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Addind new table (.mdk) to database

Status
Not open for further replies.

senorbuckwheat

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
US
I created a database with a bunch of tables using the Pervasive Create Database and Create Table utilities.

I then wrote an application(C++) which created and populated a new Btrieve file/table(.MKD) using the Btrieve API (C_CREATE, etc.).

So, how do I put the new file characteristics into the DDFs so it will be part of the previously created database? Is there a way to do this using the Btrieve API? Pervasive tool?

The file is very lonely and very much wants to be part of this database.

Thank you.

There are several ways to add an existing file to a set of DDFs. One, use the Create Table Wizard and specify the file by checking the "Advanced Settings" check box. Two, create a Create Table Statement. For example:
create table test1 using 'file.btr'
(field1 char(10))
You'll probably want to use the "Set TrueNullCreate=Off" statement before the create table statement to handle the true null byte. Three, write a program that uses DTI or DTO to create the DDF definition. Four, use a third party tool from Hope this helps.
mirtheil@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back