Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Added Drive IBM X205 now won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

vich

Technical User
Sep 26, 2000
US
I have an IBM X205 running ServeRaid-4 Ultra 160 SCSI controller with 2 36GB disk drives. I also have a tape backup and CD-ROM drive. I added an additional IDE drive and the system looks at it first and will not boot because the it states the operating system can not be found. It obviously is looking at that drive and not the raid drives now. I looked in BIOS set up and ServeRaid and could not find any settings that would tell it to boot differently.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks

This is one of the pitfalls of mixing IDE and SCSI drives in the same box. The IDE drive will take precedence. It's been awhile since I ran into this, but did you try setting the IDE drive as a slave device on the IDE controller?

Thanks for replying. We did try as primary and slave.

In your startup options in the F1 system configuration change the Hard disk from 0 to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back