Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

added 2nd drive to tape library - BE sees it, but does not use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallst32

MIS
Apr 14, 2003
US
BE 10.1d - Added a 2nd (and identical) drive to the tape library; BE sees it, and it has been added to each device pool. But when two concurrent backup jobs are running, the new drive is never used; the 2nd job will just queue up until the existing drive is free.

There are 22 tape slots in the library. I have it partitioned so that slots 1-7, 8-14, and 15-22 hold tapes with unique retention times. I would like any free drive to be used. For every job, I specifcy the "device" to be these partitions so the tapes always remain in the same lots rather than having a random mix.

Please advise.

I just created a manual job and set it specifically to use the new drive, rather than a pool, and the job just sticks in "queued" state. So for some reason, the software is refusing to use the new drive; any ideas? The drive is of course online and enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back