Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Added 2003 Server, now I get No Web Site Configured Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkurzner

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2002
US
Have been hosting several sites for a while on a windows 2000 machine using host headers. All my comains are registered with address records pointing to my router. The router is configured to pass all port 80 requests to my internal Win2000 server at 10.0.0.100 I recently got a new machine running Windows 2003 server. I connected it to the network configured up IIS 6 and set up several web sites. On the local network I am able to surf to the web sites via the internal ip address along with ports to differentiate them (again using host headers). THis all works fine. I also connected to my win 2000 server in IIS6 to manage the old sites. Next I changed the router port 80 forwarding from the 10.0.0.100 server to my Win2003 server (10.0.0.200). All my old sites function just fine, but all the new sites (those hsoted on the Win2003 server) all presnt a web page that says "No Web Site Configured at this Address".

Can ANYONE PLEASE help? Eventually I want to replace the 2000 server and just have the 2003 machine, but this is a big prblem currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back